Why is Facebook dating unavailable? A new online dating app is releasing every week making online dating immensely popular. Each has a unique selling point or gimmick that attracts a devoted following. While Facebook originated as a website that asked visitors to vote on which of two photos they thought was “hotter,” it hasn’t shied away from getting a piece of the $3 billion dating pie and pushing its way into the fray. They launched Facebook Dating in September of last year, and it’s been a huge success. In October of the following year, this mobile-only service was launched in Canada and Thailand, with plans to expand to 14 additional countries. In 2019, Facebook Dating launched in the United States, and in 2020, it will launch in Europe.
It has a large user base because of the dating feature integrated into Facebook. With 229 million members in the United States, Facebook has an estimated 32.72 million people who utilize its dating function. Although Facebook Dating has a massive user base and the support of the world’s largest internet business, problems have been documented with the service. It doesn’t matter whether the software fails frequently or if users can’t find the Dating feature. All of the possible causes and solutions for Facebook Dating not working on your device are discussed in this post.
Why is Facebook dating unavailable
How to Enable Facebook Dating?
According to a new report, Facebook dating will be available on iOS and Android smartphones in various locations as of 2021. You need a Facebook account to activate and use this function. To make use of Facebook Dating, follow these simple steps:
- Start by opening Facebook’s mobile app, then tap the hamburger menu located at the top-right of your social feed.
- Select “Dating” from the drop-down menu. Observe the on-screen instructions to continue.
- It will reveal your location and will choose a photo as a part of the setup process. Facebook will automatically build your profile based on the information you’ve provided.
- Enhance your profile by adding details, images, and posts of your own.
- To complete the process, press the “Done” button.
Why is Facebook dating unavailable, and what can you do about it?
There are various reasons why is Facebook dating unavailable if you have already enabled it.
- A shaky and unreliable connection to the internet.
- The current version of the software needs an upgrade because of its flaws.
- Facebook’s servers may be down.
- Your device’s notifications are currently disabled.
- The application keeps crashing because of damaged cache data on your mobile device.
- Your area does not currently have access to the dating service.
- The Dating service does not allow anyone under the age of eighteen to use it.
There are three major categories to consider here:
- First, if you enable Facebook dating, but it doesn’t work.
- In addition, the Facebook app itself is broken. ‘
- Your app’s Dating area also isn’t accessible.
To fix the problem, you can follow the following steps sequentially.
Fix 1: Check Your Network Connection
Users continue to underestimate the importance of a consistent internet connection, a no-brainer. Double-checking your connection’s speed and strength can rapidly eliminate this possibility. If you can’t get online, the Wi-Fi network or your internet service provider may be at blame. If you have an active mobile data subscription, restarting your phone is a good first step.
Fix 2: Update the Facebook application
You can only access new and improved functionality by keeping a program up-to-date. Additionally, updates may fix issues that may be causing an application to often crash. As a rule, they also take care of any security vulnerabilities that may be keeping software from working properly. Therefore, you must utilize the latest program version for the optimal experience.
Take the following steps to find out if the Android app has been updated;
- Open the Google Play Store app on your smartphone or tablet.
- Take a look in the upper-left corner of the screen and press the Menu button or the hamburger icon.
- Select the My apps and games tab.
- In the ‘Updates’ screen, you may either update all installed apps at once by tapping the ‘Update All’ button, or you can update just Facebook by clicking the corresponding ‘Update’ button.
To retain the application’s version on an iOS device:
- Take advantage of the built-in App Store.
- This is where you will find all of the latest updates.
- Once you’re in the Updates section, you may update everything or just Facebook by selecting the “Update All” button at the top.
Fix 3: Turn on the Location Services
Many dating apps, like Facebook Dating, require your location to display profiles of potential matches in your area. This is based on your distance preferences and current location, which can only be determined by configuring location services on your mobile device. These options are set up when the Dating feature is made available in most cases. If you don’t grant location permissions or disable location services, it might be why Facebook dating is unavailable.
To allow an Android smartphone to track your current position, follow these steps:
- On your phone, go to the Settings menu and select “Apps & Notifications.”
- Locate and use Facebook by searching for it in the available apps.
- Locate and tap on “Permissions” and “Location” in your Facebook app details.
- In the next menu, make sure location services are enabled. Choose “Allow always” if you don’t want to be asked again.
If it doesn’t work, try to fix the broken dating feature on Facebook. If not, continue to the next step.
For an iOS device, follow these instructions:
- Tap Settings on your phone’s home screen.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page to find the “Privacy” options.
- Select ‘Location Services’ and push to enable it if it’s not already enabled.
Fix 4: Restarting the Facebook Application
There may be a few glitches with Facebook Dating preventing you from using the service. The app may have issues launching or working normally because of them. Restarting the application may be all that is necessary to fix this problem. You have two options for closing the app: from the home screen or via the settings menu.
Fix 5: Restart Your Device
While it may seem like an inefficient remedy to many technical problems, turning a gadget off and back on again works. To fix any issues with the Facebook app, it is necessary to restart the device.
Fix 6: Facebook Dating isn’t available in your Location yet
The Dating feature of Facebook may not be available in your area yet if you cannot find it. The company launched in Colombia in September of 2018 and planned to expand its services to the following countries by 2021. These countries include the United States and Uruguay as well as Australia. Brazil. Bolivia. Canada. Chile. Colombia. Guyana. Ecuador. Europe. Laos. Malaysia. Mexico. Paraguay. Peru. No one can access Facebook Dating outside of the United States.
Fix 7: You are not allowed to use Facebook Dating
Anyone under the age of 18 will be unable to use the Facebook Dating services. Facebook Dating will not be available to anyone under 18 until they turn that age.
Fix 8: Turn ON Facebook’s App Notification
Facebook will not alert you to new activity if you accidentally turn off app notifications. It will not deliver Facebook Marketplace alerts if you have disabled all notifications on your device. To fix this, you must create an exception.
Here are the steps to enable Facebook Push notifications:
- Select the Menu option in the Facebook app on your mobile device. Select the ‘Settings and Privacy’ button in the menu that displays.
- Now go to the ‘Settings’ menu.
- Scan down to the ‘Notification Settings’ section under ‘Notifications.
- Here, you may choose the notifications you want from Facebook Dating.
Fix 9: Clear Facebook App Cache
You can speed up program load times by storing temporary files on your device in a cache. Even if they occasionally misfire, they are important to the effective functioning of any application. Cached data can be a problem if it’s corrupt or has built up over time. Your software will run more quickly and efficiently if you get rid of these unnecessary files.
Clean the cache from your Android device by following these steps:
- On your mobile device, choose the Settings menu.
- Select ‘Apps & notifications’ in the settings menu.
- A list of all the apps loaded on your smartphone will appear; scroll through it to find Facebook.
- Monitor storage usage by clicking on the Storage tab in the App Info section of Facebook.
- You should click the “Clear Cache” button. As a final step, make sure the Cache size is set to 0.
Perform the following procedures to remove the iPhone’s cache:
- Go to the Settings app and choose General > Reset to factory settings on your iPhone.
- The list of all your installed applications will appear; scroll down and select Facebook from the list.
- Tap the ‘Reset cached Content’ slider to turn it on in the app’s settings.
Fix 10: Check if Facebook itself is down
if you can’t get on to Facebook, the giant social network has probably gone down. Servers go down from time to time, causing service interruptions for everyone. If you detect an error, visit the Facebook Status Dashboard. This possibility can be ruled out if it shows that the page is in good shape. Waiting for service to be restored is your only choice if you can’t get online.
You can also search #facebookdown on Twitter and pay attention to the timestamps to see if Facebook is down at the time. There is a chance that other people are experiencing the same problem.
Fix 11: Uninstall then Reinstall the Facebook app
There’s nothing wrong with this, although it’s a little extreme. The application’s settings may malfunction from time to time. The only way to get back to square one is to completely reinstall the application.
Long-pressing the program’s icon and selecting “Uninstall” from the resulting menu is the quickest way to get rid of the app. You can also remove the app from the Settings menu.
Go to the Google Playstore or the App Store on your mobile device to reinstall.
To get help with Facebook Dating if none of the suggestions above work, you may easily contact Facebook’s help center.
Why is Facebook dating unavailable? We hope this information was helpful and you were able to fix the problem. Feel free to ask any questions you may have in the comments section below.