When you hit the Google search bar, chrome for Android can show you what people are looking for right now. Google tailors its list of trending queries to your current location. The ability to stay abreast of current events worldwide makes this data useful for a wide audience. However, the ‘Trending searches’ feature may annoy certain people. Recent Google Chrome for Android support requests has addressed the issue of turning off trending searches. You may easily remove trending searches if you think the currently popular searches are irrelevant to your interests.
Steps to remove trending searches in Chrome for Android
Current versions of Google Chrome make it simple to turn off trending searches.
As such, we’ve included a detailed guide on how to turn off suggested searches in Chrome for Android. Okay, let’s look into this more.
- First, ensure you’re using the most recent version of Google Chrome from the Google Play Store.
- Go to Google’s search results page by opening Chrome.
- To proceed, touch the three horizontal lines.
- Choose Settings from the left-hand menu.
- After a brief scroll, you can find the section titled “Auto-complete with trending searches” in the “Settings” menu.
- Choose the radio choice for “Hide results from recent searches” and hit the Save button.
So long! It’s over now. For the modifications to take effect, you will need to restart the Android version of Chrome. Here’s how to stop Chrome for Android from using your default search engine.
In this article, you will learn how to stop Google Chrome from displaying search suggestions on Android. If you found this information useful, thank you! Send this to your friends if you like it. Please use the space below to ask any questions you may have regarding this.