We don’t need to introduce Microsoft Excel and its importance to daily life. We all use Microsoft Office applications for a wide range of purposes. However, current technological issues might sometimes cause issues. OLE action error is one of the most common problems faced by users. Inquiring minds want to know what this error means and how it happens. Allow us to assist you if you’re having trouble with this. All aspects of this error, including its definition, causes, and resolution, are in this article. So, keep reading to find out how to fix Microsoft is waiting for another application to complete an ole.
What is Microsoft Excel OLE Action Error?
We need to know what OLE stands for to begin. Office apps can connect using Microsoft’s Object Linking and Embedding feature. Using this technique, an editing program can export a section of a document and then import it again with updated data. How well did you understand what it was and its functions? Make things easier to understand by drawing a picture.
For example: Once OLE has delivered the command, it waits for PowerPoint to respond while you continue working in Excel. As a result, Excel and PowerPoint can exchange information.
How does ‘Microsoft is waiting for another application to complete an ole’ occurs?
Responses that don’t arrive on time are the cause of this issue. Error message OLE action is presented when Excel sends a command and doesn’t receive a response within the given time.
Causes of this error:
Ultimately, there are three main reasons for this problem:
- Making an application more complex by incorporating an infinite number of add-ins, some of which are damaged.
- Accessing a file generated by another application or retrieving data from the active application can cause Excel to crash.
- To send an Excel spreadsheet through email, use the “Transmit as Attachment” option in Microsoft Excel.
Fix Microsoft is waiting for another application to complete an ole action
One approach is to perform a system restart and attempt the task once more. Stopping all applications and restarting your computer occasionally fixes this OLE action problem. If the issue persists, you can try one or more options.
Method 1 – Activate/Enable the ‘Ignore other applications that use DDE’ feature
Due to DDE’s (Dynamic Data Exchange) feature, this problem can occur from time to time. It may solve the issue by enabling the feature’s ignore option.
- Select Options from the File menu to open an Excel spreadsheet.
- For this new window to appear, you must go to the “Advanced” tab and then scroll down to the “General” option in the dialog box.
- Don’t waste your time with other programs that use Dynamic Data Exchange (DDE). To make use of this feature, you must first pick this option.
This may enable the app to start operating for you again. Restarting Excel will allow you to try again.
Method 2 – Disable all Add-ins
In addition to the previously mentioned add-ins, this error can also be caused by the deactivation of add-ins.
- Navigate to the File > Options menu in Excel.
- You can find the Add-ins menu item on the left side of the new Windows dialog box; simply select it.
- Click the Go button to fill out all Add-ins after selecting Excel Add-ins at the bottom of this dialog box.
- Click OK after deselecting all of the checkboxes adjacent to the add-ons.
By doing this, all add-ins will be disabled, resulting in a lighter application. Restart Excel to see if it fixes the stdole32.tlb problem and the Excel OLE action on Windows 10.
Method 3 – Use different ways to attach Excel Workbook
An OLE action issue occurs when you utilize Excel’s “Send Using Mail” feature. An alternate method for attaching an Excel document to an email is recommended. It is possible to attach the Excel file to an email using Hotmail or Outlook.
You can fix the OLE action problem by applying one or more of the above remedies, but if the problem persists, you can use the Microsoft Repair tool.
Alternative: Use Microsoft Excel Repair Tool
You can repair corrupt or damaged Excel files with the help of the Microsoft Excel Repair program. Data that has been corrupted or damaged can be restored with this program. The problem can be solved automatically with the help of this technology.
These strategies and suggestions may help you solve Microsoft is waiting for another application to complete an ole.