How to change IMEI number on iPhone? An IMEI number is assigned to every phone sold to a customer. IMEI stands for International Mobile Equipment Identity. Every phone has an IMEI number, which is a unique identifier. The IMEI number for an iPhone is unique. You can use a lost phone’s IMEI number to track it down. This is why Apple tries to keep the IMEI number of any iPhone from being changed.
A few ways to change a phone’s IMEI number once a cellular network has identified it. It is important to know that changing an iPhone’s IMEI number is difficult. There are a few methods for doing so. For a short period, you can change iPhone IMEIs.
Learn How To Change IMEI Number On iPhone
I don’t see the use in changing the IMEI number. There are various dangers associated with attempting this. Apple’s iPhone will stop working if its IMEI number is modified to match the IMEI number of another device. Sometimes, altering an IMEI number may be considered a criminal offence. You may potentially void iPhone warranties by changing the IMEI number. Therefore, one must weigh the benefits and drawbacks of changing an iPhone’s IMEI number before attempting the procedure.
Jailbreaking is necessary to make changes to an iPhone’s IMEI number. You can only follow this article’s instructions if your iPhone has been jailbroken. The ability to jailbreak an iPhone is therefore critical. Following that, here are the steps to modify an iPhone’s IMEI number.
How To Change:
- To begin, you’ll need to get your iPhone’s IMEI number. It’s a simple process to follow. Dial *#06# on the iPhone’s dialer to activate the feature. Using this code, you can find the IMEI number of the user’s iPhone.
- To continue, you’ll need access to a desktop or laptop computer or laptop after you’ve obtained your iPhone’s IMEI number.
- Install the “Ziphone” PC software on your desktop or laptop. Install it on your computer by clicking here.
- On your iPhone, the next step is to enter recovery mode. To achieve this, hold down the Home and Power buttons simultaneously. Keep pressing until you see the Apple logo appear on the screen. As soon as this happens, press and hold the Home button until it releases. You’ll see a wire directly below the iTunes logo when you do this.
- While in this mode, you can connect your iPhone to your computer.
- Right-click within the Ziphone folder on your PC to open it. Choose “Start Command Prompt Here” to open a command prompt window on your computer.
- Using the Command Prompt window, type “ZiPhone”.
- Typing “ziphone -u -i aIMEINumber” will complete the process (replace “IMEI Number” with the new IMEI Number you choose for your iPhone).
- This will take three to four minutes for ZiPhone to complete the process. After restarting your phone, the operation is complete.
- Dial *#06# on your iPhone to find your device’s updated IMEI number.
Temporarily altering an iPhone’s IMEI number can be accomplished in various ways. However, if you want the ZiPhone process to run smoothly, you must first jailbreak your iPhone.
Changing an iPhone’s IMEI number without jailbreaking is possible, although it’s less common and less effective than the more popular way. To complete the assignment, follow these steps.
Proceed with caution, as this step necessitates jailbreaking your iPhone.
- You can use method 1’s steps 4 and 5 to change an iPhone’s IMEI number. When your iPhone is in recovery mode, this app gives you access to it.
- The ZiPhone GUI application is to be installed on your PC.
- Go to your PC and start the ZiPhone GUI software.
- Take a look at the application’s advanced features.
- Click on “Fake IMEI.”
- Afterwards, input the new IMEI number that you want to use.
- To change the iPhone’s IMEI number, click “Perform Action.”
Jailbreaking an iPhone isn’t required for the second approach, but it is less effective. To change the IMEI number on an iPhone, you should jailbreak your iPhone and then utilise Method 1. iPhone owners need to know that changing their iPhone’s IMEI number can cause other problems. Several difficulties might cause an iPhone to malfunction or expose the user’s personal information to hackers. Occasionally, doing so is forbidden. As a result, iPhone owners should think twice before changing their IMEI numbers.
I hope you have now understood how to change IMEI number on iPhone.