How to open pages files on windows 10? .pages files are common, but have you ever come across one? When opening this on a Windows laptop or desktop, you may have run into an issue if you said yes to either of those questions. What a .pages file is and how to open pages files on windows 10 will be covered today.
How to Open Pages Files on Windows 10 PC
What is a Pages File?
Apple’s Pages is a Mac counterpart of Microsoft Word. In the free iWork Suite for all Mac users, Numbers (the equivalent of Microsoft Excel) and Keynote (the equivalent of Microsoft PowerPoint) are included (similar to MS PowerPoint). iWork Suite is preferred by Mac users since they do not have to pay an additional fee to use Microsoft software on their computers. This transition is also made easier because the user interfaces of the Microsoft Office Suite and the Mac iWork Suite are similar.
Why convert the .pages file?
All documents created in Microsoft Word use the.docx file extension. .pages has the drawback of storing all text files with the .pages extension. You cannot open this file on a Windows PC or in Microsoft Word due to an extension mismatch. There is no way to view these files on a Windows 10 system without converting the document format, which you can do in one of the following ways:
Method 1: Compress .pages File to View it
Pages documents are also notable for their tendency to be compressed, which adds still another layer of intrigue. You may be able to see the contents of a file by renaming the extension to.zip. To open a Pages file, you’ll need to convert it to a Zip file first.
- Go to the folder where the .Pages file is stored.
- As stated, rename the .pages file to.zip.
- A confirmation window will pop up when you press Enter. Choose yes.
- The contents of this zip file can be extracted using any standard archiver program. The folder icon will appear after the process is complete.
- Select and open the largest photo from the collection below. The first page of the document is here.
Use caution while converting .pages files to.jpeg format, as they will not be editable. Despite this, you’ll still be able to read the material.
Method 2: Convert .pages File using MacBook
You can transform .pages files into.docx on a Mac in a few clicks. Email or USB stick storage is available for Windows PCs when the file has been converted. To access a Pages file on Windows 10, follow these steps on a Mac:
- Use your MacBook Air or Pro to open the .pages document.
- Select File from the top-level menu now.
- As displayed, choose Word from the Export To drop-down menu.
- At this point, a confirmation screen will appear.
- To encrypt this file, select the box labeled Encrypt, input the password, and then retype it to verify that you entered the correct one.
- To save this file, click Export and select the desired place.
- Once it’s been converted, you’ll be able to use it on your Windows computer.
Method 3: Convert .pages File using iPhone or iPad
If a MacBook is out of the question, you can get by with an iPhone or iPad. To open a Pages file on Windows 10, you’ll need to convert it from your iPhone:
- Use iPhone to open .pages file (or iPad).
- In the upper right corner, click the three-dot icon.
- To export, select More and then Export.
- There are four ways to export this document. Selecting Word as the program to open a Pages document on a Windows PC makes the most sense.
- Use Adobe Acrobat on your Windows PC to convert the file to PDF format if you don’t need to be able to modify it.
- Tap Choose “How to transmit” at the bottom of the screen to send it to yourself.
Method 4: Convert the .pages file with iCloud – how to open pages files on windows 10
It is also possible to use iCloud. For this purpose, an iCloud account can be created even if you don’t own an Apple device. Using iCloud, you can open a Pages file on Windows 10:
- iCloud for Windows can be downloaded and installed to create an iCloud account.
- You should save pages to your iCloud storage.
- You can access the document’s status by clicking the three dots at the bottom of the symbol. In the next step, select Download a Copy.
- On the next screen, select either Word or PDF to create an editable or read-only document, respectively.
- The iCloud iWork package generates a file you may save to your device. When the dialog box appears, select Save File and then click OK.
- Alternatively, you can directly open a Word document by selecting the Open with > Microsoft Word option.
- You must rename and save the file in your favorite location if you intend to use it again.
Method 5: Upload and Convert through Google Drive – how to open pages files on windows 10
This method is the simplest way to open a Pages file on a Windows 10 PC. Creating a Google Drive account is simple today because nearly everyone has a Gmail account. Because of this, we will use Google cloud storage in the following ways:
- After signing in, save the .pages file to your Google Drive folder.
- Choose Open with > Google Docs from the context menu by right-clicking the document icon. As Google supports over 12 file formats, you should be able to read your pages file online.
- Additionally, you can open the document by right-clicking on its icon and selecting Open with > CloudConvert.
- Choose Connect Additional Apps > Cloud Converter > Install if you’d prefer that option instead. Step 2 is next.
- When you’re finished, choose DOCX as your document’s file type. To start the conversion process, click the Convert button highlighted.
- The download will begin once the conversion is complete.
Other file kinds, such as those made in Keynote and Numbers, can also be converted using these methods; that means you should be able to utilize iWork Suite and Microsoft Office Suite side by side, even if they have minor differences.
We hope that now that you’ve learned how to open pages files on windows 10, you’ll be able to open and edit any Pages files you receive from your workplace. In the comments box below, please submit any questions or suggestions you may have!