Thanks to Apple’s thoughtful design, organizing apps on an iPhone or iPad is a breeze. Apple used to make it difficult for consumers to rearrange the order of apps on their home screens, but now they let you hide apps if you want to. This article, however, will teach How to hide apps on iPhone.
You would be mistaken if you assumed we would recommend a third-party app to assist you in hiding content from your iPhone. In this piece, we’ll look at the simple changes you can make to your iPhone’s settings to uninstall apps from your home screen and library. Moreover, hiding apps from the iPhone’s app library may require extra effort, despite how easy it is to hide apps from the home screen.
How to hide apps on iPhone (from the home screen)?
We do not doubt that some of you have discovered how to hide apps on iPhone. On the iPhone, you can delete an app by doing the following:
- Simply press and hold the app’s icon for as long as you’d like to conceal it.
- Choose “remove app” from the drop-down option that appears.
- Simply select “remove from home screen,” and you will no longer see this icon.
In case you’re curious, we’ll put up a gif showing you how to remove apps off your iPhone’s home screen.
After you delete an app off your iPhone’s home screen, that doesn’t mean it disappears from your device’s search or app library; it still appears. If you wish to hide an app from the iPhone’s search and app library, read the following section carefully.
How to hide apps from the app library on iPhone?
It’s not quite as simple as hiding an app from the home screen to prevent it from appearing in the app drawer or search bar, but it’s still not rocket science. Please go on to discover how to conceal programs from your iPhone’s app library utilizing the screen time function of iOS.
- To activate Screen Time, access the Settings menu.
- Then, activate the feature by going to Settings > Content & Privacy Restriction.
- Enter the screen time password you set up and click on Allowed Apps.
- You can hide the iPhone app you want to hide permanently by unchecking it in the device’s settings.
Following those instructions will allow you to conceal the factory-installed apps; the methods below will allow you to do the same with the additional software.
- Access Screen Time via Settings.
- Continue to Privacy and Content Restriction Options.
- Right now, you need to go to Content Limits.
- Choose Programs from the subsequent menu.
- You can now hide apps from the app library based on their age ratings, or you can hide all third-party apps altogether.
Here, you’ll find the option to remove an app from discovery.
- First, open Siri & Search in your iPhone’s preferences.
- Select the app you want to conceal by scrolling down and tapping it.
- You can disable the app’s visibility in search by disabling the following setting.
We’ve reached the end of the process for keeping apps secret on an iPhone. Meanwhile, you should avoid any software that promises to hide any app on your phone, as most apps are fake and won’t accomplish what they say they would. Don’t be shy about sharing your creative solutions, but let us know if you find the ones that were helpful for you.