Fix the application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect: Due to wrong side-by-side setting, “the application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect.” As a last resort, you can check the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe function to gather additional information. The application is unable to load the necessary C++ files because of a dispute between the C++ run-time libraries and the application. Version numbers for these libraries begin with 9.0, which are included in the latest release of Visual Studio 2008.
There’s a good chance that you’ll face a different problem before you get the error message that states “side-by-side configuration error.” In order to do this activity, this file association does not have a program connected with it. Using the Set Association control panel, you can establish a relationship.” These errors are usually caused by incompatible, corrupt, or out-of-date C++ or C run-time libraries; however, if your System Files are corrupt, you may also get this error. Regardless, we’ll have a look at the troubleshooting procedures below to fix the application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect.
Fix the application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect
Ensure that you have a backup plan in place in the event of an emergency.
Method 1: Fix the application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect by Opening Event Viewer or Reliability History
- After pressing Windows Key + X, type Command Prompt (Admin).
- To start the trace mode, type SxsTrace Trace -logfile:SxsTrace.etl and then press Enter.
- Open the application that is producing the side-by-side configuration error, and click the OK button to close the dialog box, instead of closing the command prompt.
- To quit tracking mode, return to the command prompt and hit Enter.
- Enter sxstrace Parse -logfile:SxSTrace.etl -outfile:SxSTrace.txt into cmd and press enter to begin the process of transforming the trace file into human readable format.
- C:\Windows\system32\ will be the location where the file is processed and saved. Then press Enter after typing %windir%system32\SxSTrace.txt with the Windows Key + R.
- Open the SxSTrace.txt file, which contains all information about errors.
- Install the precise version of the C++ runtime library that it requires by selecting one of the ways listed below.
Method 2: Fix the application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect by Performing a Clean Boot
Installing the Visual C++ Redistributable Package appears to solve the problem of a lack of C++ runtime components in your system. A side-by-side configuration error was to blame for the program’s failure to start. You should install all of the system updates in the following order: (either 32-bit or 64-bit).
You should remove the following redistributable packages from your computer before reinstalling them.
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86)
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package for (x64)
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86)
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x64)
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable Packages (For both x86 and x64)
- Visual C++ redistributable 2015 Redistribution Update 3
Method 3: Run SFC Scan
- Click on Command Prompt by pressing Windows Key + X together with your mouse (Admin).
- Press Enter on the command prompt after typing the following:
- Sfc /scannow
- sfc /scannow /offbootdir=c:\ /offwindir=c:\windows (If above fails)
- If SFC gives the error message “Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service,” then follow these DISM instructions.
- DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth
- DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
- To save your work, restart your computer.
Method 4: Run Microsoft Troubleshooting Assistant
If none of the suggestions above work, you can rely on Microsoft’s Troubleshooting Assistant to do the work for you. To get “CSSEmerg67758,” simply click on this link.
Method 5: Try System Restore
- After pressing Windows Key + R and typing “sysdm.cpl” into the keyboard, type “sysdm.cpl” into the address bar.
- From the System Protection menu, select System Restore.
- Next, select the System Restore point you want to restore from.
- To get the system back up and running, simply follow the on-screen directions.
- GTA 4 Seculauncher won’t start after a reboot because the side-by-side setup is wrong problem can be fixed.
If system restoration fails, restart Windows in safe mode and then attempt system restore again.
Method 6: Update the .NET framework
Here, you may download and install the latest version of the.NET framework. The Microsoft.NET Framework version 4.6.2 should fix the problem if the previous version did not.
Method 7: Uninstall Windows Live Essentials
Setup System Failed or The application has failed to start because the side-by-side configuration is improper appears to be fixed by uninstalling Windows Live Essentials from Programs and Features in Windows 7. Please try to repair Windows Essentials if you don’t want to delete the program.
Method 8: Repair Install Windows 10
If nothing else works, this process is the last option because it can fix any computer problems. To fix system issues without wiping away any existing data, Repair Install uses an in-place update as its sole method of operation. You may simply repair and reinstall Windows 10 by following this method.
The repair has been made without incident. The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrectt, which is why the application won’t start. If you have any other questions or problems about these instructions, please let us know in the comments below.