Windows 10 Spacebar Not Working? Here’s How to Fix It! One of the most aggravating computer problems is an unresponsive keyboard. In most cases, when the keyboard stops working, we get angry and frustrated. If your Windows 10 spacebar not working, don’t panic. If you spill water on your keyboard or otherwise damage it, you have nothing to be concerned about. To avoid paying for a new keyboard, keeping it in good condition is important. We can help you with the Windows 10 spacebar not working if your keyboard is physically sound. We’ll show you how to implement some simple solutions to this problem.
Fix Spacebar Not Working on Windows 10
If something goes wrong, you should create a restore point.
Method 1 – Start with turning sticky keys and filter keys
Microsoft designed the feature of easy access to make PC use more convenient for users. You only need to press one button instead of multiple to conduct a system operation. Fortunately, you may solve the problem of the spacebar not working by eliminating sticky keys. As a result, this is how we’ll get started.
- By hitting Windows + I or typing settings into the Windows search bar, you can get to Settings.
- You must now select the Ease of Access option.
- The Keyboard section will now be shown in the left-hand window. The sticky and filter keys options will appear once you click the keyboard section.
- Disable the Sticky and Filter key toggles before continuing.
You’ll need to switch to a different approach if the problem persists. We’ve always said there could be other factors at play. There is a right way to do things, so keep trying different approaches until you find one that works.
Method 2 – Reinstall the previous version of the Keyboard driver
It’s possible that your keyboard isn’t working properly because of an outdated driver. As a result, if the Windows 10 spacebar problem persists, we can try reinstalling the previous version of the keyboard driver.
- Take a look at your computer’s Device Manager. To access Device Manager, press Windows key + X and then click on it.
- You’ll discover a Keyboard option in Device Management. Expand it, then select the keyboard that’s connected. By right-clicking on the keyboard shortcut, you can access the Properties menu.
- The Roll Back Driver option is here; select it.
Obtaining the previous driver version from the internet is the only alternative if the Roll Back Driver option does not exist.ing
Method 3 – Fix spacebar not working by Updat the Keyboard driver
One of the best ways to remedy a non-functioning spacebar is to update the driver for the keyboard.
- Windows Key + R will bring up the Run dialog box, where you can type “devmgt.msc” and press Enter.
- Right-click Standard PS/2 Keyboard and select Update Driver from the Extend Keyboard context menu.
- After selecting Search automatically for updated driver software, wait for Windows to download and install the most recent version of the driver.
- Keep going if restarting your computer doesn’t fix anything.
- Right-click Standard PS/2 Keyboard in Device Manager and select Update Driver from the context menu.
- For the second time, click “Browse my PC for driver software.”
- On the next screen, select “Allow me to choose from a list of available drivers on my machine.”
- Next, select the latest recent drivers.
- If the Windows 10 Spacebar Not Working problem persists after a restart, save your modifications and try again.
Method 4 – Fix spacebar not working by Reinstalling the keyboard driver
- To open the driver manager, put devmgmt.msc into the command line and hit Enter.
- Right-click the Keyboard in the Keyboard area and select Uninstall from the context menu that appears.
- When you restart your computer, Windows will automatically reinstall your keyboard drivers.
There is a good chance that this strategy will work. If Windows fails to install the keyboard driver automatically, the driver can be obtained from the manufacturer’s website and installed manually.
Method 5 – Scan your system for malware
Do you think that malware could occasionally produce several troubles on your system? As a result, using a diagnostic program to check for malware and viruses is highly recommended. To fix the Windows 10 spacebar not working, you should read this article: Malwarebytes Anti-Malware: How to Remove Malware.
If you don’t have a virus, you can use another method to fix the problem with the Windows 10 Spacebar.
Method 6 – Check for Windows Update
- After pressing Windows Key + I, select Update & Security to open the settings.
- Check to see if Windows Update is chosen in the left-hand menu.
- If there are any pending updates, click “Check for Updates” now.
Method 7 – Repair Install Windows 10
This process is the last option if nothing else works because it is guaranteed to fix any computer problems. Installing a Treatment Plan To fix system errors without losing existing user data, you can use an in-place update.
You can use any of the suggestions listed above to complete the job. However, it is highly recommended that you first perform a physical inspection of your laptop to look for any damage. You can test the functionality of your keyboard on another computer by connecting it to that one. This is another way to find the root cause of the problem.
Please use the comments area to ask any further questions you may have.