Fix computer HDMI to tv no sound: The High-Definition Multimedia Interface, or HDMI, allows uncompressed video streaming, allowing for clearer visuals and sounds. Additionally, you may experience streaming video with support for surround-sound audio and 4K media on your display monitor or television with only one cable. Additionally, digital video and audio can be transmitted simultaneously from a TV or computer to a projector or another computer/TV.
According to several consumers, the audio was missing while transmitting the video and viewing through HDMI. If you have the same problem, you’ve come to the right place. We present a complete solution for resolving the computer HDMI to tv no sound. To find out what to do next, keep reading.
Fix Computer HDMI to TV No Sound
Reasons behind ‘Computer HDMI to TV No Sound’ Issue
There are numerous causes for the “Computer HDMI to TV No Sound” problem.
- It begins with the HDMI cable connecting the computer, television, or monitor. Check for sound by connecting the HDMI cable to another computer or television. If so, there is a problem with the monitor or television you are projecting. You must configure it to accept HDMI input.
- A faulty HDMI cable is most likely to blame if the audio problem continues. Try connecting using a new, functional cable.
- Several factors may contribute to audio issues on your computer:
- Make a mistake in your choice of the audio driver or playback apparatus.
- Instead of HDMI, the default audio output is Speaker Soundcard.
- Not configured to quantify and receive HDMI audio data.
To begin troubleshooting the Computer HDMI to TV No Sound problem, complete the following basic checks:
- You must use an HDMI cable. Ensure that the HDMI cable is in good shape.
- Verify that you have correctly configured the Graphics Card (NVIDIA Control Panel)d.
- NVIDIA’s cards did not support HDMI audio before the GeForce 200 series; however, that has changed.
- Compatibility issues with Realtek’s drivers are also an issue.
- In most cases, a restart is all you need to fix minor issues and software faults.
You can try various approaches for enabling HDMI audio to broadcast audio to the TV. Please keep reading till you discover the ideal solution.
Method 1: Fix Computer HDMI to TV No Sound by Setting HDMI as Default Playback Device
A dispute occurs when a computer has two or more sound cards installed. It is conceivable that the HDMI audio output is not instantly triggered, as your computer’s internal soundcard and speakers are being read as the default device.
To make HDMI your computer’s default playback device, follow these steps on a Windows 10 computer:
- Start Control Panel by typing its name into the Windows search bar.
- Now, click the area titled Sound, as seen below.
- The Playback tab of the Sound options window will not appear unless you select Now.
- Put in the HDMI cable. The name of your gadget will appear alongside it on the screen. Take a look at the example provided.
- If the device name does not appear on the screen, right-click on the empty spot. You can check if the settings display is disabled or disconnected devices are turned on.
- To check if the audio device is active, right-click it. If not, click Enable.
- To set your HDMI device as the default, follow the steps outlined in the image below.
- Click Apply and then OK to save the changes and close the window.
Method 2: Fix Computer HDMI to TV No Sound by Updating Installed Drivers
If incompatible, the device drivers installed on your system could cause the Windows 10 HDMI sound not to work when connected to a TV issue. The quickest way to fix this problem is to install the most recent version of your system’s drivers.
Manually updating device drivers is possible via the manufacturer’s website. Locate and Download the Windows-specific drivers for your PC. Double-click the downloaded file and then follow the on-screen prompts to install it. Follow the same processes for all device drivers, including audio, video, and network drivers.
In addition, You can use Device Manager to update device drivers:
- Once you’ve entered devmgmt.msc by hitting Windows Key + R and following the on-screen directions, click OK.
- Expand the Sound, video, and game controllers by clicking twice.
- As instructed, right-click the HDMI audio device and select Update Driver.
- Select Look automatically for drivers under How you wish to search for drivers.
In this case, Windows will try to find and install the most up-to-date drivers for your computer based on your chosen criteria.
Method 3: Rollback the Graphics Drivers
If the HDMI was performing perfectly before an update and afterwards began to malfunction, restoring the Graphics Drivers could be of assistance. The rollback of drivers will remove the presently installed driver and install the driver’s prior version. When using this method, you should get rid of any driver problems and the Computer HDMI to TV No Sound problem.
- Input Device Manager into the Windows search box and launch the application from the results list.
- To make it larger, click twice on the Display adapters panel on the window’s left side.
- As suggested, right-click on your Graphics card’s name and select Properties.
- Select Roll Back Driver from the Driver tab.
- If the Roll Back Driver option is greyed out on your system, it signifies that your system is missing the pre-installed or original driver files. In this scenario, you should utilise the other strategies outlined in this article.
- Click the Accept button to apply the modification.
- Restarting the computer will make the rollback effective when clicking “Yes” on the confirmation box.
Method 4: Enable Audio Controllers
The ‘Computer HDMI to TV No Sound’ issue will emerge if your system’s Audio controllers are disabled since the typical function of audio output swapping will be disabled. All audio controllers on your device should be enabled, particularly if you have installed multiple audio drivers.
Following these methods will ensure that the audio controllers are not disabled:
- Start Device Manager by following the instructions in the preceding paragraph.
- Click View > Show hidden devices. If you’ve already checked it, proceed to the next step.
- Now, double-click System Devices to expand it.
- Here, right-click on the audio controller, i.e. High-Definition Audio Controller. Click then on Properties.
- On the Driver tab, click the Enable Device button.
- You can see Disable Device option if you’ve already activated audio controller drivers.
- Restart the system to save your edits.
Method 5: Reinstall Audio Drivers
Suppose upgrading or reverting the drivers does not resolve the HDMI sound not working on Windows 10. In that case, it is best to replace the audio drivers to remove any repetitions of the problem. The steps are as follows:
- Launch the Device Manager by following the previous instructions.
- Scroll down, run a search, and then double-click on Sound, video, and game controllers to magnify it.
- Select the High Definition Audio Device by selecting it with the right mouse button.
- Click Uninstall device.
- An alarm message will flash on the screen. Continue by clicking Uninstall.
- Expand System Devices by clicking on it twice.
- To uninstall the High Definition Audio Controller, go back to steps 3 and 4 and do it a second time.
- If you have more than one audio controller installed on your Windows system, you must uninstall them all simultaneously.
- Restart the computer. Windows will install the latest drivers from its repository automatically.
Attempt the next approach if this does not resolve the Computer HDMI to TV No Sound issue.
Method 6: Use Windows Troubleshooter
The built-in Windows Troubleshooter tool is a lifesaver when troubleshooting a wide range of common computer issues. It will test the functionality of hardware components (audio, video, etc.) in this scenario. The reasons for these inequities will be recognised and corrected.
Make sure you’ve logged in as an administrator first.
- Click on the Windows key and type troubleshoot.
- To launch the Troubleshoot settings window, click Open in the right pane.
- On this page, look for the link labelled “Additional troubleshooters.”
- Next, click Playing Audio in the Getting Started section. Take a look at the example provided.
- Click on Run the troubleshooter.
- Instructions will be displayed on the screen. Follow the instructions to run the troubleshooter and implement the suggested fixes.
- If prompted, perform a system restart.
Method 7: Check the TV/Monitor Sound Properties
Always verify and adjust the TV/sound Monitor’s specifications to ensure the obvious criteria are met. Ensure the HDMI cable is inserted correctly in the port, that the cable works, that the TV is not muted, and that the volume is set to the maximum. Checking the TV/sound Monitor’s parameters involves the following steps:
- Go to the menu on your monitor or TV.
- Select Audio and then Settings to continue.
- Ensure that you’ve enabled the audio and set to Automatic/ HDMI.
- A tried-and-true fix is to disable Dolby Volume Mode.
- Now, set the Audio Range as any of these:
- Between WIDE and NARROW
- Standard etc.
Typically, HDMI graphics cards do not support HDMI audio but do support HDMI video. In this instance, the link between the computer and the system can be made by connecting the audio wire.
Confirm if the HDMI sound issue on the television has been resolved.
Method 8: Restart Android TV
Android TV’s restart procedure depends on the TV maker and device model. Here are the processes necessary to restart an Android TV:
On the remote control,
- Press Quick Settings.
- Select Restart now to begin the process of resetting everything to default settings.
As an alternate,
- Press the HOME button on the remote.
- Now, click on Settings > Device Preferences > About > Restart and then touch Restart.
Method 9: Use the Correct HDMI Cable & Port
You can find multiple HDMI ports on a variety of devices. In such situations, you must always connect the HDMI cable to the correct pair of ports. You can purchase adapters if there is a mismatch between the HDMI cable and computer cable.
We hope that you were able to fix Computer HDMI to TV No Sound by following this approach. Share with us your most successful approach. Also, if you have any questions or comments concerning this article, please feel free to express them in the box below.