Gamers around the world use Discord to communicate. In order to facilitate user-to-user communication, servers have been built into the platform. Discord offers amazing features such as voice chat, video calling, and many formatting options for users to express themselves. Some Discord users are miffed that they can’t cite another user’s message when using discord quote. With recent developments, however, it is now simple to cite talks on Discord.
During a chat, you can quickly and easily answer to a specific message from another user by using the quotation tool. Sadly, many Discord users do not know how to quote another user on the platform. In this essay, we’ll explain how to use discord quote with ease.
How to Quote Someone on Discord
It doesn’t matter if you’re on an iOS or Android device or a desktop computer to quote someone in Discord. For iOS, Android, and PC, the same steps apply. In this example, we’ll show you how to quote messages in Discord using mobile-Discord.
Method 1: Single-line Quoting
Using the single-line quoting approach, you can quote a single line of text. If you want to quote a message that doesn’t contain any line breaks or paragraph breaks, use Discord’s single-line quoting method. Using Discord’s single-line quotation method, here’s how to do it:
- Start Discord and go to the conversation where the quote you want to use is located.
- Press the space bar once to begin.
- After you press the space bar, type your message. As an example of a one-line quotation, consider the following.
Method 2: Multi-line Quoting
You can use the multi-line quoting approach for quotes that span numerous lines, such as paragraphs or long text messages with line breaks. For each new line or paragraph that you want to quote, all you have to do is type in >. Entering > before each line or paragraph in a lengthy discord quote, on the other hand, could take a long time. You can quote multiple lines of text in Discord by using the following method:
- Navigate to the discussion you want to quote in Discord and open it.
- Once you’ve typed >>>, press the spacebar one time.
- Once you’ve pressed the space bar, begin typing the passage you want to paraphrase.
- To send the message, simply hit the enter key. This is an example of a multi-line discord quote. Refer to the screenshot for additional information.
Exiting a multi-line quote requires either sending the message and starting a new one, or using the backspace >>> symbol.
‘>’ and ‘>>>’, on the other hand, will produce a multi-line discord quote. In the desktop version, to generate a single-line discord quote, simply press return and then backspace.
Method 3: Use Code Blocks
The ability to quote messages using code blocking has been added to recent versions of Discord. Using code blocks, you can rapidly highlight a message on Discord. In Discord, code blocks can be used to quote someone.
- Type (‘), a single backtick symbol without brackets, at the beginning and end of a line to create a single-line code block. For example, we write “one line code block” when citing the phrase.
- Type ( to format a code block with several lines “The paragraph begins and ends with a ‘) triple backtick. Appending a random message to the end of a multiple-line code block is an example of this “to begin and end each phrase or paragraph with a’sign
Method 4: Use Discord Quote Bots
A Discord quote bot can be installed on your smartphone, allowing you to quote a message by simply tapping on it. This process, on the other hand, may be too complex for some people. Discord users can get quote-related features through a number of open-source projects on Github.
- Nirewen/ Citador: Using this Github project, quoting conversations on Discord is as simple as a swipe of the finger.
- Deivedux/ Quote: The best Discord quotation tools on the market today!
Both are readily available for download, so you can make an informed decision about which is best for your needs. Citador has a simple user interface, thus it’s a good option if you’re looking for a basic tool.
What is the purpose of quoting in Discord?
When you respond to someone in a Discord group chat by quoting their message, you are stressing a certain point or comment. You can only use quotes in a group or private conversation on Discord to emphasize a point.
What’s the proper way to reply to a certain message in Discord?
To respond to a specific message in Discord, identify the message in question and click on it. Right-click and select “three dots,” then select “quote.” If you want to respond to a message, simply press and hold the message, or you can select the reply option by pressing and holding the message.
In a group chat, how can I address someone one-on-one?
It’s possible to directly address someone in a Discord group chat by pressing and holding the message you wish to respond to and then selecting the option to reply. You can also directly address someone in a Discord group conversation by entering @ followed by the username of the person you want to address.
Why can’t I use quotation marks?
Use the backtick sign instead of just the single quotation mark. When citing someone on Discord, be sure to use the proper symbol.
If you were able to quote someone on Discord because of our instructions, we thank you very much. If you enjoyed the tale, please let us know in the comments area.