Discord is well-known for its voice chat rooms and bots, which text commands and discord bot commands may handle. It is the best location for gamers and non-gamers, as it contains the most active server communities on the internet. As long as there are multiplayer games to play with your pals, Discord will continue to attract new users.
However, novices must be familiar with fundamental commands to participate in these community servers. Discord chat rooms are a bit more advanced than standard group chats since you can accomplish various tasks using interesting bots and plugins.
Let’s begin with the proper use of chat commands. By pressing the slash (/) key, discord will display the available Discord server commands (both Built-In and bot commands).
Discord Commands- Discord bot commands and many more
Built-In Text Commands
- @username pings a particular user. Replace “username” with the person’s actual name.
- @here or @everyone – Pings all server users.
- /gypsy or /tenor – Search the web for animated GIFs.
- /nick – Change the server’s nickname. Permission on the server may be necessary for this.
- /TTS message – Text-to-speech is used to read the message to all channel viewers.
- /spoiler message – Indicates that the message is a spoiler. Its content will only be seen by those who click on it.
- /tableflip, /unflip, and /shrug are chat commands that add various emoticons.
- /me – Italicizes your next message.
Discord Text Command Shortcuts
Use the tab key, the arrow keys, and the following keyboard shortcuts to interact with a message:
- q – quotation message.
- + – Add a response.
- r denotes a message reply.
- p – pin message.
- ALT+Enter – mark unread.
Discord Bot Commands
You may view the commands for each bot by pressing the slash (/) key. The Discord Custom Commands bot may generate as many custom commands as you need. To get the commands for a certain bot, visit its homepage and search for commands. Additionally, you can run /help plugin_name: to obtain a list of available commands.
Following are some commands for bots that you will frequently encounter on Discord.
General Discord Bot Commands
- /add adds a track to the queue.
- /add-playlist is utilized to add a YouTube playlist to the queue.
- /anime – Conduct an anime search.
- /clear-queue – Remove all tracks from the queue.
- Get a link to the dashboard with /dashboard.
- /give-xp – Provide a member with XP.
- /remove-xp – Removes Microsoft Windows XP from a user.
- /help – Displays a list of commands.
- /imgur – Perform an image search on Imgur.
- /join – Joins a bot to your voice channel.
- /leave causes the bot to exit the voice channel.
- /levels – Returns a link to the server’s top-scorer list.
- /manga – Conduct a manga search.
- Display the current track being played.
- /pause – Pauses the current song being played.
- /play – Plays the next item in the queue.
- /pokemon – Search metrics for Pokemon.
- /queue – List the songs in the queue.
- /rank – Retrieve your rank or the rank of another player.
- /record – Begins to record.
- /replay – Repeat the currently playing music.
- /resume recommences the current track’s playback.
- /search – Perform a music search.
- /seek – Determine the current track position.
- /stop-recording – Stops the recording in progress.
- /twitch – Find a Twitch streamer.
- /urban – Search Urban Dictionary for a term.
- /volume – Change the player’s volume.
- /vote-skip – Begins a vote to skip to the following track.
- /youtube – Search YouTube for a video.
- /start-quiz – Begins a musical quiz show.
Moderation (MEE6 and other Discord Bot Commands)
- !ban – Command for permanently banning a user from a Discord server.
- !tempban – Command for temporarily banning a user from accessing the Discord server.
- !kick – Command to remove a user from the server.
- !mute – Command for silencing a user on the server.
- !unmute – The command to unmute a person on the Discord server.
- !tempmute – Temporarily mutes a user on the server.
- !clear – Command for clearing a channel’s messages.
- !role-info – Command to extract information about a certain role.
- !user-info – Command for retrieving user information.
- !server-info – Command to retrieve information about the current server.
- !infractions – Command for displaying an individual user’s infractions.
- !slowmode – Command for deactivating or enabling the channel’s slow mode feature.
- !unban – Command used to unban a user from the server.
- !warn – Command used to provide a warning to a specific user.
These discord bot commands will allow you to traverse your server and utilize various bots. These commands are a requirement for moderators.
Check out our other Discord guides in the interim. And, if you wish to fool your pals, please refer to our article on the greatest voice changers for Windows and Mac.