Can you play steam games on oculus quest 2? Previously known as the Oculus Quest 2, the Meta Quest 2 is a standalone virtual reality (VR) headset. Virtual reality games are much easier to play on the headset than on a personal computer. So, to play Virtual Reality games on Steam with the Quest 2, follow these steps:
The headset can run VR games independently of a PC gaming system. But Half-Life Alyx headset users can’t play demanding VR games. A library of Steam VR content is accessible once the Oculus Quest 2 is connected to a PC.
The Quest 2 may connect to a computer via USB or a mobile device via Air Link to play Steam VR games (wireless). In some cases, even with a 5G connection, you may still have to wait. Quest 2 has specific hardware requirements that you must meet.
- Processor: Intel i5-4590 / AMD Ryzen 5 1500X or better.
- GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 or AMD 500 Series and higher.
- Memory: 8GB.
- OS: Microsoft Windows 10.
Can you play steam games on oculus quest 2
- Get Steam VR and Quest for PC set up.
- Use the USB-C cable to link your Quest 2 to your computer. (It’s best to use a USB 3.0 cable.)
- You can add a headset by starting the Quest desktop software, going to Devices, and then clicking Add Headset.
- Links are available if you select Quest 2 first (Cable).
- You can see your regular desktop inside your headset by starting Steam VR.
- The Oculus Quest 2 now supports virtual reality software from Steam.
Air Link (wireless)
- Get the Quest PC and Steam VR programs set up on your computer.
- Put on Quest 2, then go to the menu labeled “Settings.”
- Remember to check that your computer and headset are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- You can find the option to activate Air Link in the Advanced settings > Experimental features menu.
- You can find the option to activate Air Link in the settings shortcuts menu.
- When linked to a computer, a headset can show the contents of the display.
- Open Steam VR on your Oculus Quest 2 to play Steam VR games.
Verdict – can you play steam games on oculus quest 2
Many people who have Quest 2 have used complementary software like Virtual Desktop and ALVR. These programs have been around longer and are more reliable than Air Link. You can get ALVR free by sideloading it, or you may buy Virtual Desktop from the Oculus Store.