Windows is one of the most frequently used and powerful operating systems because of its diversity and unique features. With the help of external tools like keyboards, mice, graphics cards, and other hardware devices, Windows can perform its functions quickly and smoothly. Device drivers are needed for various hardware devices to work properly on a computer system. You must update drivers frequently and consistently to provide a smooth Windows experience. In 2022, the best driver update software for Windows 11/10/8/7 is needed to automatically keep your drivers up to date. Also included is a free driver updater for your benefit!
The Best Driver Updater For Windows 11/10/8/7 in 2022 (Free & Paid)
If only a few of your Windows PC’s device drivers need to be updated, you can try updating them manually. You should always use the best driver update software for Windows if you have many outdated drivers. If you’re looking for a quick and easy way to update all of your outdated driver software, we’ve taken a look at some of the best alternatives on the market.
Auslogics Driver Updater
It is possible to automatically have Auslogics Driver Updater update all your Windows computer’s out-of-date drivers. It helps you avoid device conflicts and ensures that your gadgets are working properly. That technique has been tested and confirmed to be safe and effective in several tests and is used by PC manufacturers and recommended by specialists. It allows you to build a backup of your driver files before making any upgrades. When you’ve upgraded your drivers, and something goes wrong, the ability to go back to the old state is a useful tool.
- Notifies you of potential driver issues.
- One-of-a-kind printer driver update.
- The ability to perform a thorough scan.
- Having the ability to keep the hardware running at full capacity.
- Drivers can use this locator to great benefit.
- An easy-to-use interface.
- Effective and safe operation.
- Coherent scan report
- Can’t update all sorts of drivers.
- The functioning standard for a few drives is lower than the norm for most other drives.
IObit Driver Booster 9 Pro
IObit’s 8 Pro online driver updaters are among the most extensively used and popular. The IObit driver updater can let you automatically update all of your drivers. This booster’s easy and clear user interface works with any Windows operating system. You can find all the available driver updates without opening a web browser after the automated driver update locator has been configured.
IObit Driver Booster checks the features of a new driver updater version with those of the existing version before installing the new version. This feature makes it easier for users to tell the two versions apart. Drivers can also be installed silently, eliminating the need for installation wizards and other annoying pop-ups.
- A big database of drivers.
- Over 3,000,000 drivers can be updated.
- The ability to update external drives with ease.
- Ability to solve a large number of Windows problems.
- An easy-to-navigate user interface.
- Profitable free version
- The automatic implementation of changes.
- Can have a huge impact on gameplay.
- A working internet connection is necessary for the system to function.
- A steady stream of referrals to other iObit products
AVG Driver Updater
Fixing driver issues is a snap with AVG’s free online service. It’s easy and suggested to keep up with driver upgrades to avoid problems with drivers. That will be a cinch with the best driver updater out there. Having the latest driver improves the system’s performance.
A free version of AVG’s driver updater is available, but a paid version has more capabilities. This program can troubleshoot computer freezing, connectivity issues, printer issues, and other system issues with the latest Windows 10/8/7 updates.
- Help available for customers.
- Over half a million hard drives can be scanned.
- The capacity to scan and update on a predetermined timetable.
- The user interface is attractive
- Improve efficiency.
- Automated operation
- Effortless scanning is available for free.
- Amazing backup capabilities.
- Costly in comparison to other updaters
- Absence of an overabundance of options.
Smart Driver Care
It’s one of the best driver update software with a lot of useful freeware tools. Multiple out-of-date drivers can be detected simultaneously by the software. One-click fixes all damaged and outdated drivers, assuring uninterrupted access for users. To make updating drivers a cinch, it has driver backup and restore tools that are simple. Microsoft’s most recent Windows operating systems are supported by Smart Driver Care.
- Exceptional ability to fix corrupted driver software.
- The process of making updates is quite straightforward.
- Selective backup system.
- A single-push option for recovery.
- Intelligent user interface
- Heinous difficulties can be solved with it.
- Authentic sources are used to make the updates.
- Automatic updates can be enabled.
- Insufficient features in the free version.
- Tutorial support is lacking.
Advanced Driver Updater
The most recent version of your system’s drivers may be downloaded and installed for free using Advanced Driver Updater. It’s as simple as running a scan after installing this best driver update software. All out-of-date drivers will be detected automatically, and you will be prompted for permission before you can install any updates.
That’s not all: You’ll also be able to save a backup copy of your drivers if something goes wrong. This best driver update software is easy to use and supports various languages, including French and Spanish. It works with Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, and 10. The app’s premium version also offers a wide range of additional functions.
- An archive of every driver ever created.
- Able to update drivers as needed.
- Self-executing driver update
- Restore and backup options that are better than ever before.
- Excellent customer service.
- Updates drivers on a case-by-case basis
- Analyzes the downloaded update files.
- Simple scan list
- There are only a few options for personalization
- Uninstall preferences are absent from the application.
ITL Driver Updater
This desktop application may replace all out-of-date drivers to improve system performance. The user-friendly interface of the ITL driver updater makes it simple for users to find and install the most recent versions of their drivers. This program is backward compatible with all previous and current versions of Windows. As a multipurpose tool, the ITL driver utility can isolate system faults and ensure that your PC is running at peak performance. On Windows 10/8/7, you can use this program to identify and apply updates automatically.
- Scheduled scan activities
- Enhances visual and game performance greatly.
- There is always someone on hand to assist customers.
- A big database of drivers.
- Installing it is a breeze.
- Have a high degree of adaptability
- Driver update is instantaneous
- Faster download speed
- This product does not support Windows XP and Vista.
- In-depth scans take forever.
For Windows 10, Windows 11, and earlier in 2022, this is one of the best driver update software. A few buttons make up the software’s simple user interface. There’s no need for a wizard to use this powerful Windows driver update utility, which can download and install the software in mass.
To prevent the automated download of driver updater software, you can choose the manual installation option when installing DriverPack Solution. Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, and XP are all supported platforms for this app’s download.
- Options for customization.
- Amazing in terms of both protection and clean-up.
- Automatically creates restore points
- All the control you need over the entire process of installation.
- It’s more compact.
- Multiple language support is provided.
- Faster bulk downloads
- Options that allow for individualization.
- No scheduled scans
- Presence of unrelated features
Users can download newer versions of their drivers without using a browser or an Internet connection with this top-rated driver updater. Thanks to this best driver update software, you can update drivers and fix corrupted applications. You can pre-download all of your computer’s necessary drivers with Driver Talent to be easily reinstalled later if your operating system is upgraded. In addition, the software itself is very fast to download on a computer system, and its upgrades are also much more frequent than before.
- Intelligible user-interface
- Fast installation
- Can update game files
- A single click performs all of the necessary updating.
- Intuitive interface
- Downloads necessary drivers immediately
- Enhanced capacity for disaster recovery.
- It can perform driver updates for virtually any type of computer.
- Manual scheduling is not an option.
- Large files won’t download
Ashampoo Driver Updater
The driver updater program developed by Ashampoo is quite functional. With the help of our finest driver updater, you can rest assured that your system will run smoothly going forward. It also checks your entire system for faulty drivers that contribute to your system’s sluggishness.
After the scan, you can choose which drivers need immediate care and which can wait. Over 150,000 devices are supported by this highly simple and user-friendly Windows driver update software, which has a database of over 400,000 drivers.
- Over 400,000 disks make up this huge database.
- Comprehensive customer support
- Having the ability to update automatically.
- Enhanced safety and security
- A quick hardware check.
- Microsoft Windows 10 compatibility
- Large-capacity scheduler.
- The ability to recover and back up files with ease.
- You can use it only on one device with one license
- The UI is a tad confusing.
There is a free trial edition of this driver updater program, one of the most popular in 2022. The program performs a simple scan of your system for out-of-date or missing drivers. With a single mouse click, you may update them at once. Another option is creating a backup copy of your driver files, which you may restore later.
You can download the software for free on Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, and 10. Once you’ve completed the free trial, you can easily upgrade to the paid version.
- Automatic updating
- Can show information about drives
- It helps drivers keep up with the flow of traffic.
- Requires less hardware
- One of the largest driver directories in existence.
- A solid money-back guarantee.
- Functioning in an offline mode.
- Ads that you don’t want to see.
- The rate of download is quite slow.
For Windows 10/8/7, this is the best driver update software. It can scan your entire system in seconds and discover any out-of-date device drivers that need to be updated or repaired immediately. You also have the option to schedule a scan with this software. Before updating your drivers, you may quickly save a copy of them for future reference.
- Automatic installation
- Access to system utilities
- Updates drivers along with OS components
- Useful and simple UI.
- Can use driver rollback to restore
- Installs genuine drive updates
- Can schedule scans
- Creates backup and restore point
- Limited room for updating with a free version
- There is only a limited amount of functionality.
Driver Reviver is an easy-to-use tool for finding and updating out-of-date drivers on your computer. Besides that, it eliminates the risk of downloading malware. When you use the best driver updater software available for Windows in 2022, you’ll be protected against malware. Driver backup and restoration are built right into this easy-to-use program.
- Technical support is quite helpful.
- Downloads from OEM source
- Consumes less system space
- Malware-free operation
- Intuitive interface
- It’s possible to go back in time and restore data from an older backup.
- An easy-to-use scanner solution.
- List of driver updates that you can customize.
- It’s a tad expensive.
- The utility does not allow for the installation of updates.
It’s a Driver Updater program that stands out from the others in this post. All computer users should be able to utilize it thanks to the large driver library. The software compares the new version’s features to those in the current version.
Immediately after clicking Scan, it will download the results and necessary drivers on separate web pages. This robust driver updater tool is available for instant download and works with both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows.
- There are built-in tools for driver cleanup.
- Hardware information can be displayed.
- SSD performance is improved.
- System transfer assistance to manage network
- Intuitiveness is lacking in the user interface.
- Some drivers could not be identified.
- It is possible to use a single license on three different machines.
- Programmed scans
- The features of the free edition are significantly restricted.
- There is no way to operate offline.
Using this free driver updater, you can check if there are any new versions of your drivers available. Device doctors can isolate the disk drive and see whether an update is available for the drive. Fast and reliable scans and updates are the hallmarks of these two processes. Both 64-bit and 32-bit operating systems can use this application. 13 million device drivers can be found in the software’s authentic database.
- Capability to scan external drivers
- There is no need to install anything.
- Assembled and operated in an instant.
- Obtains the most recent drivers from trusted sources.
- A large collection of drivers.
- Operation is basic and uncomplicated.
- Scanners that are capable of scanning automatically.
- The ability to update drivers is provided in the free version.
- Slower driver updates
- Free version with a smaller set of options.
To preserve your diver’s performance, you must keep your driver up to date. Using Driver Fighter, you can substantially enhance your system’s stability and performance. The tool’s scanning capabilities will alert you if an upgrade is required. Use this application to find and install the most relevant driver update from a software database. You can choose between a free version with limited features and a paid version with all of the application’s features.
- Identifies out-of-date drivers and scans for them.
- Can help keep your computer running smoothly.
- Enhances the performance of the hardware.
- Secured driver downloads
- Bigger than your average database.
- It is possible to use this to improve game components.
- Excessive features
- Increases the system’s stability.
- It’s impossible to find the missing drivers.
- Partial translation
What Is the Role of the Driver?
When you connect a new piece of hardware to your Windows PC, you’ll also have to install the driver software that goes along with it. It is common for these drivers to be installed on your computer without your permission. It helps the computer locate the USB driver by assisting in the alignment of the device with its operating environment. The operating system communicates with the hardware through the use of device drivers.
What are the Benefits of Updating Your Drivers?
As with any other piece of software, you need to keep your Windows system’s drivers up to date to guarantee that your hardware works properly. As a result, Windows driver update software must be continuously supported.
How can I update my drivers manually?
Automatically updating out-of-date driver software is made simple by a feature integrated right into Windows. You can use device Manager to update these drivers. These are the simple actions you must take to achieve this goal:
- Use the taskbar’s search box to find Device Manager and select it.
- To update a driver for a specific device, select the category in Device Manager that you want to update.
- Right-click on the device and select Update Driver.
There are two options to choose from when you select Update driver:
- The first one is to enable Windows to automatically check for and install new driver updates by setting the computer.
- Second, look for driver software on my computer, which will enable you to locate and manually install the driver software on your PC.
First, download the most recent driver software from the manufacturer’s website to your computer and then browse to install it.
You can considerably improve your computer’s performance by updating your device drivers. The best driver updater software for Windows 10 and Windows 11 and lower is required to enjoy your computer’s hardware in 2022. Consider utilizing one of these commercial or free driver updater apps to improve Windows performance and save time.