Android Tv vs Roku TV: In terms of basic functionality, Android TV and Roku TV are very similar; however, the way each user chooses to use these devices varies.
Roku TV is perfect for those who have no prior technical knowledge. On the other hand, Android TV is an excellent choice for gamers and heavy users.
You’ve found the right place if you’re looking for an Android TV vs Roku TV comparison. We’ve put together this guide to understand better the differences between Android TV vs Roku TV differences. Let’s take a closer look at each of these features.
Android TV vs Roku TV: Which Smart TV Platform is Right for You?
- You can access streaming media from various web sources using this digital media platform. The internet has enabled you to access free and paid video content on your television without the need for a cable connection. For the same aim, Roku is one of the programs available.
- Incredibly effective and long-lasting, this is a truly fantastic invention. Furthermore, it’s within reach of the average smart TV buyer’s budget.
- Users who have never used Roku before will be able to navigate the system with ease. Non-technical people can use it because it’s easy to use.
- The home screen displays all of the channels you’ve installed. This is a plus because it streamlines the process of using it.
- With its dynamic and flexible user interface, Android TV is perfect for demanding consumers.
- The Android operating system is to access the Google Play Store. You can install essential apps from the Google Play Store on your Android TV.
- You can link your Android TV to your Android smartphone with ease. Unlike other smart TVs, this one has a built-in feature that only this model can access.
- On Android TV, Chrome is pre-installed so that users can access the internet more quickly and easily. Google Assistant, your aide, is also at your disposal. Roku TV and Smart TV can’t compete with Android TV’s performance in this area.
- Roku TV supports a wide range of channels like Netflix, Hulu, Disney Plus, Prime Video, HBO Max, The Roku Channel, Tubi- Free Movies & TV, Pluto TV- It’s Free TV, Sling TV, Peacock TV, discovery plus, Xfinity Stream Beta, Paramount Plus, AT&T TV, Philo, Plex-Free Movies & TV, VUDU, SHOWTIME, Happykids, NBC, Apple TV, Crunchyroll, The CW, Watch TNT, STARZ, Funimation, Frndly TV, ABC, BritBox, PBS, Bravo, Crackle, TLC GO, Locast.org, FilmRise, Viki, Telemundo, Redbox., QVC & HSN, HGTV GO, Investigation Discovery Go, BET Plus, Adult swim, CBS, HISTORY, Hotstar, FOX NOW, XUMO – Free Movies & TV, MTV, IMDb TV, Food Network GO, USA Network, Lifetime, Discovery GO, Google Play Movies & TV, PureFlix, Pantaya, iWantTFC, Tablo TV, Fawesome, FXNOW, Shudder, A&E, VRV, UP Faith & Family, Watch TBS, E!, BET, Hallmark TV, FilmRise British TV, OXYGEN, VH1, Hallmark Movies Now, WatchFreeFlix, Freeform-Movies & TV shows, CW Seed, SYFY, Movies Anywhere, BYUtv, TCL CHANNEL, VIX – CINE. TV. GRATIS, WOW Presents Plus, CuriosityStream, FilmRise Western, Watch OWN, Lifetime Movie Club, YuppTV- Live, CatchUp, Movies, Nat Geo TV, WETV, ROW8, AMC, Movieland. Tv, FilmRise True Crime, The Criterion Channel, Nosey, Travel Channel GO, Watch TCM, ALLBLK, FilmRise Horror, TCL CHANNEL, Kanopy, Paramount Network, FilmRise Mysteries, Vidgo, Animal Planet Go, Popcornflix, FilmRise Sci-Fi, FandangoNOW, ReDiscover Television, FilmRise Action, KlowdTV, GLWiz TV, DistroTV Free Live TV & Movies, Western TV & Movie Classics, JTV Live, PeopleTV, OnDemandKorea, Sundance Now, hoopla, Comet TV, ShopHQ, EPIX NOW, Classic Reel, TV Cast( Official), Rumble TV, Freebie TV, FilmRise Comedy, FailArmy, DOGTV, Science Channel Go, FilmRise Thriller, SHOP LC, aha, FilmRise Classic TV, Globoplay Internacional, truTV, EPIX, DUST, VICE TV, Gem Shopping Network, FilmRise Documentary, B-Movie TV, Brown Sugar, and TMZ.
- You can find streaming services like Netflix, Hulu, and others on this list. Around 2000 channels are available on Roku, both free and paid.
- Roku allows you to watch channels that Android TV does not support.
- Like Roku TV, Android TV is not subject to carrier conflicts. Having access to a large number of streaming channels is an additional benefit.
- On an Android TV, these are some of the most popular streaming channels: Netflix, HBO Go, and Hulu Plus are just a few of the streaming video options currently available.
Both Alexa and Google Assistant work with Roku. Google Assistant’s full range of features will not be available to you. While you can access the weather and your calendar, you won’t have access to all of Google Assistant’s features.
Google Chrome and Google Assistant, as previously stated. Android TV outperforms the competition in terms of voice search and internet browsing.
- Not all Bluetooth-enabled devices are compatible with Roku TV. You can link over Bluetooth only on the following Roku devices:
- Roku Ultra model 4800.
- Roku Smart Soundbar.
- Roku TV (with wireless speakers edition)
- Roku Streambar.
- Mobile Private Listening is a Bluetooth listening program for Roku mobile devices. The Mobile Private Listening feature makes this feasible when a Bluetooth speaker is connected to a mobile device.
You’ll need to pair your Android TV with a Bluetooth device to stream audio or listen to music. Because it is more convenient, Android TV beats Roku TV regarding Bluetooth support.
Roku TV receives more frequent software updates than Android TV. When a new version of Roku TV is installed, features and channel extensions are automatically updated.
It’s possible that an issue could infiltrate your system if you choose to update your Roku automatically. Until the bug is fixed, you will be unable to use your Roku TV.
If this problem persists, try restarting the process. Here’s how you do it.
Rebooting a Roku device is very similar to restarting a computer. Restarting your Roku device by turning it off and back on may help fix small problems.
All other Roku devices, except Roku TVs and 4, lack an on/off switch.
You can use the remote control to restart your Roku device as follows:
- By pressing the Home button, go to the System menu.
- Now, type “System restart” in the search bar and press Enter.
- Select Restart as represented in the image below to restart your computer. Restarting your Roku player will verify that you have turned it off and back on.
- Turning off Roku will cause it to shut off. Wait until the device has been turned on before trying to use it.
- See if any problems have been fixed by checking the homepage.
For each model, the process of upgrading Android TV is slightly different. You can use auto-update to ensure that your TV receives regular updates.
The steps for Samsung Smart TV have been explained here, but they may differ for other models.
- Press the Home/Source button on your Android TV remote to return to the main menu.
- To update your software, go to Settings > Support > Software Update.
- To have your smartphone automatically update Android OS, turn on the Auto-Update feature.
- Updates can be found and installed right away if you choose that option.
Roku TV does not have access to Chromecast functionality for extended periods. Use the 10 Best Screen Mirroring Apps for Android to test the other screen mirroring options on a Roku TV.
As an integral component of Android TV, Chromecast functionality has been improved. This capability does not necessitate the use of an enlarged Chromecast dongle.
Games were not a consideration in creating the Roku Android TV box. Roku TV does not support more advanced graphics games like Minesweeper or Snakes and Ladders.
To be honest, Roku TV isn’t made for gamers.
Using the Best Android TV box, you may play various games on Android TV. On the other hand, the NVIDIA Shield TV is a separate purchase. It is entirely up to you how long you want to play.
Android TV is the better option when it comes to gaming capabilities.
We hope this post was helpful, and you now know the difference between Android TV and Roku TV. How did this information help you decide which Smart TV platform to utilise? Any questions or comments concerning this article are welcome in the below space.