The online role-playing game Blade and Soul was released in 2016 and is based on Korean martial arts. Both the east and the west have appreciated it. However, some users have reported problems when trying to launch the game. If you feel similarly frustrated by this issue, you have found the proper place. This guide will look at a few quick ways to address blade and soul not opening issues.
8 Ways to Fix blade and soul not opening Error
Why won’t Blade and Soul Game launch?
The following are some of the most common reasons for launch failures in Blade & Soul:
- Bluetooth issue
- Corrupt user configuration
- Connectivity issues
- Missing Client.exe
- Game Guard conflict
- Conflict with Windows Defender
- BNS Buddy issue
Now that you know what’s holding up the release of Blade and Soul, we can look at some potential solutions.
Method 1: Disable Bluetooth
Disabling Bluetooth is a typical workaround for Blade and Soul launch problems. You must turn off Bluetooth manually through Device Manager to use this technique.
- Press the Windows and R keys to open the Run dialog box, then type devmgmt.msc into the box.
- Activate Device Manager’s Bluetooth submenu by expanding its corresponding tab.
- Disable the Bluetooth device by using the context menu.
To permanently store your changes, you have to restart your system. The next step is to test Blade and Soul in the wild.
Method 2: Delete Client.exe – Fix blade and soul not opening
The Blade & Soul client is called Client.exe. However, if the game’s installation disk is moved or there is a problem with an update, this executable file could become corrupted. Should you see an error when attempting to launch Blade and Soul, removing, the client.exe file should resolve the issue.
- To open File Explorer, use the Windows key plus E.
- Finding client.exe requires going to the game’s installation directory.
- To delete the client.exe file, right-click it and select the Delete option.
- Launch Ncsoft’s setup program and choose the Repair File option.
After you have restarted your computer, please see if the Blade and Soul launch error has been resolved.
Method 3: Using Game Launcher
The executable file, or the launcher that came with the game, can be used to start a game. Launching the game through the launcher rather than the executable file might sometimes result in a smooth and speedy game load.
This method appears to fix the game’s inefficiency in generating a sandbox environment. The launcher can set up a sandbox environment where the game can run without problems.
- Check the game’s installation directory to see if that fixes the start problem.
- The in-game launcher may need to be used to load the game.
Method 4: Use Ethernet cable to fix connectivity issues
Another alternative we discovered was to connect the laptop or PC straight to an Ethernet wire. This patch fixes a fault that, in some circumstances, prevented the game from connecting to the internet over WiFi. Make sure your Wi-Fi and other networked devices are disconnected from the internet. Find out whether you can resolve the Blade and Soul launch issue now.
Method 5: Delete Game Guard
The anti-cheat program Game Guard is used in Blade and Soul to stop players from utilizing cheats like mods and hacks. Because of Game Guard, Blade & Soul has been delayed, and this is how we plan to fix it:
- Find the game’s folder where to put it.
- Remove the whole Game Guard directory.
When finished, you should restart the machine. Blade & Soul’s delayed release is something that you should fix soon.
Method 6: Modify Windows Defender Settings
Windows Defender’s blocking of games is another issue that frustrates many players. Windows Defender may be blocking Blade and Soul even though it is a legal program. If you want Windows Defender to work properly, you need to set it up as detailed below.
- Pressing Windows + I will bring up the computer’s preferences panel.
- Make your way to Update & Security via the Settings menu.
- To access Windows Security, select it from the list of options on the left.
- To disable all options, go to Settings > Apps & browsers > App & browser control.
- Select Exploit protection settings afterward.
- At this time, you should turn off any options available in the System menu.
Please restart the computer for the changes to take effect. Your game shouldn’t be flagged as malicious software by the OS.
Method 7: Use the Multi-client option in BNS Buddy
Many players rely on BNS buddy to improve frame rate, additional access content, etc. We also found that turning on the multi-client system effectively fixed the Blade and Soul launch bug.
- If you want to right-click on a BNS friend on your computer, just go there.
- Choose “Run as administrator” from the menu.
- Ascertain whether or not Blade and Soul are linked to the BNS Buddy.
- To play with a friend you met on BNS, turn on Multi-client and start the game.
Method 8: Reinstall the Game
If the problem still exists, it’s likely due to corrupt or missing game installation files. In some cases, this may prevent the game from starting. This suggests that a fresh, properly executed installation might be advantageous. The following is a rundown on how to reinstall Blade & Soul:
- To open the Run dialog box, hit Windows and R simultaneously.
- Press the Enter key after typing appwiz.cpl.
- You can find Blade and Soul in your system’s application manager. Right-clicking on it will remove it from your computer.
- To obtain Blade & Soul, please visit the official website.
- After the game has been installed, a computer restart is required.
Your game should run well now.
We trust you found this article helpful and that you were able to fix the blade and soul not opening. Please use this space to discuss the article with the author and other readers.