We understand how frustrating it is to have phone calls go straight to voicemail instead of ringing. For whatever reason, no calls are getting through to your Android phone’s voicemail. We’ve put together a guide on how to fix Android phone calls going straight to voicemail to assist you in figuring out what’s going on, and we’ll also answer your question about why are my calls going straight to voicemail android.
6 Ways to fix phone calls going straight to voicemail
Why are my calls going straight to voicemail android
When your phone is programmed to go straight to voicemail, it does so because of your phone settings. If enabled, the do not disturb option sends all incoming calls to your voicemail. When your calls go straight to voicemail, Bluetooth may be to blame. Voicemail forwarding options, volume controls, and call blocking may also be to blame for the issue on your phone.
A list of all the possible remedies for the Android issue where calls are automatically routed to voicemail has been created by our team. There is no difficulty in implementing these steps.
Method 1: Disable or Turn Off Do Not Disturb Mode
All incoming calls will be sent to voicemail if the device’s do not disturb mode is turned on. You can test and turn off your phone’s do not disturb mode.
- Go to your device’s Settings menu.
- We invite you to visit Sound and vibration.
- Select Silent/DND from the drop-down menu.
- As the last step, you can leave the Department of Defense (DND).
Calls normally directed to voicemail will not go to voicemail if you turn off your device’s do not disturb feature.
Method 2: Remove a Number from your Block List – why are my calls going straight to voicemail android
As a result, the user will be unable to get through to you if you erroneously block their number. Calls to your voicemail can occasionally occur. You may prevent Android calls from going directly to voicemail by deleting the number from the block list.
- Use your smartphone’s keyboard to dial a number.
- You can use the hamburger icon at the bottom of the screen or the three horizontal lines to access the menu. You may only access the settings by clicking the three vertical dots at the top of the screen. Depending on the gadget, this step can be different.
- Navigate to the Preferences menu.
- You may access your Blocklist by opening it.
- Select “Blocked numerals.”
- Click Unblock to remove the number from your contact list.
Method 3: Disable Call Forwarding Settings
You can forward calls to your voicemail or another number if you allow call forwarding on your device. Stopping the call forwarding feature on your device will prevent calls from getting to voicemail. However, not all Android devices have the option to disable call forwarding, but if your phone does, this may help.
- It’s time to start dialing on the phone.
- Alternatively, you can click on the hamburger icon or three horizontal lines at the bottom of the screen. In some cases, the user must click the three vertical dots in the upper-right corner of the screen to access this option.
- Select Settings from the drop-down menu that appears.
- Select Call Forwarding from the drop-down menu.
- If you have more than one SIM card, select the one you want to use.
- You can tap Voice.
- Finally, delete the “Always forward” option from the list. Additionally, you can deactivate the following options: when busy, when unanswered, and when unreachable.
Method 4: Turn off your Bluetooth Connection
In some cases, your calls are sent to voicemail because of Bluetooth. If the Bluetooth audio does not move back to the phone’s speaker, the call may go straight to voicemail. To disable it, here are the steps:
- Pushing the Notification shade down from the top will decrease it.
- You can click the Bluetooth symbol to turn Bluetooth off.
- Check to see if disconnecting Bluetooth fixed the problem of Android phone calls going straight to voicemail.
Method 5: Disable Call Barring on your device
If you enable call blocking on your smartphone, you can block all incoming, outgoing, international, and incoming calls when roamingwhy are my calls going straight to voicemail android and other options.
With call blocking, you can filter incoming calls based on the reason they are being placed. Parents with young children may also benefit from this feature, as they may incur a price by dialing a random number when making international calls. You can disable call blocking on your Android phone to prevent calls from going straight to voicemail.
- You can use the hamburger icon at the bottom of your phone’s dial pad or the three vertical dots in the upper right corner of the screen to access your phone’s settings.
- Decide on Options.
- Use the additional configuration options by selecting the “Advanced” button.
- Tap Call restriction at the bottom of the page.
- To use a second SIM card, make sure your device supports it.
- Finally, you may deactivate incoming and outgoing call blocking by deactivating the switch next to each.
Method 6: Re-insert your SIM card
It is possible to re-insert the SIM card if all other options fail. If your calls are going to voicemail, it’s possible that your SIM card is to blame. As a result, reinstalling your SIM card is a viable option.
- Turn off your phone.
- Remove the SIM card with caution.
- Before reinserting the SIM card, make sure the SIM tray is clean.
- Check to see if the problem has been fixed once you insert your SIM card.
Your network operator may be able to help you replace your SIM card if you are experiencing service or network issues. If your phone’s network connection weakens, you may send your calls to voicemail.
why are my calls going straight to voicemail android
Android’s Do Not Disturb option may send incoming calls directly to voicemail when activated. Incoming calls may be diverted to voicemail when the DND mode is activated on a device. Another possible explanation for why your calls go to voicemail is if you’ve engaged in call blocking on your smartphone. You can enable call blocking to send all incoming and outgoing phone calls to voicemail.
Why does my phone automatically go to voicemail when someone calls?
Your call is automatically sent to voicemail because of the settings on your phone. Calls that are routed to voicemail instead of ringing are the result of a setting on your phone. It’s easy to stop your phone calls from going to voicemail if you follow the instructions in this guide.
That you were able to fix Android calls that go to voicemail was our goal in providing you with why are my calls going straight to voicemail android. Please comment below if you have more queries about this article.